Sunday, November 4, 2007

The Next Step

What? Well, some of our group mates met up today in the library, couple of them missed out, but we came together and decided up on our idea for the project. The rest is creating an identity for the organization, which means: a name, logo, detailed schedule of events that need to happen. We actually came up with a rough schedule so we can figure out jobs for everyone and how all is this is going to come together. I feel the majority of the team has good chemistry, we're putting out good ideas, participating, and show that we want to make this successful. I have worked with Kit before, so I know she is reliable, same with Berg and Carman, I just think there was some miscommunication about what the project was originally, which led to a lot of confusion and frustration as to the end product of this semester project. Now that we've met up, i think we have a solid idea, now just to have everything down solid and keep everyone on schedule.

So what to do now, I think once everyone gets assigned their spot in the group, everything will fall into place. Because we plan to do an editorial, i'm almost certain that i will be doing photography as well as web design for the project. I'm probably the most knowledgeable with web design in the whole group, even though i'm not part of the graphic design department, I've had a lot of experience with it in the past and am real good with the scripting and layout of a site. The photography i'm guessing will consist of food mainly, but that doesn't mean other stuff won't make its way into the publication. Besides that, I think within the publication, we need to have specific jobs for people who are working on the writing and the design, if we have one person working on each story in the magazine, I feel it will be a failure, everyone will have different ideas and I don't think it will all flow together. I nominate Sean to be the art director for the magazine, he has strong design qualities such as color and illustration, I think to grab the attention of our target audience we need bright colors and the trendy art style thats going around now. That seems to be one of Berg's strengths. Me and John will probably wind up working together on the site, and I could probably use an assistant in the studio when photographing shots or on location. So that could be whoever. I know John and I can work well together because we get along well, not to mention we live together, so we could pull long hours if we needed to. Besides that, I just hope Milton pulls his own weight, I did see him slack off in the group presentation when he was in John's group, I don't want that to happen again.

Next, we need to set a final name, logo for the publication and get straight to work on the color palette and the overall feel of the work. Getting into contact with the proper companies and sponsors will be another important job, I think that should be Laurie's job, she is a good people person and doesn't mind making phone calls, she seems to be more informed about the concerns we're facing so I think she should take a leadership role in this project. Maybe as more of an organizer and supervisor, making sure we all stay on schedule, besides that, I don't know her design skills so I think until I do, i'd rather her not be a main designer for this project. From here on, its really just take care of our own individual jobs and everything will come together nicely and be a success.

No comments: