Monday, December 3, 2007

Latest Update

Just wanted to write a few short notes, I fell behind on the journal posts because of so many end of semester projects and all that b.s. This late into the semester, I'd say everything is going well, we seemed to have gotten everything taken care of that we needed to. We got the posters printed out, the printing turned out nicely, I was happy with the results. I really liked the weird dimensions we used on them too, really sets them apart from the others, its more interesting and draws attention to itself. The website is in the final stages, hit a few obstacles nearing the end of the semester, we fell a little bit behind schedule, but in the end we did the best we could. I think its a cool website, just a matter of how successful the project will be after this semester, I don't see myself having the time to put too much effort into it. Us three "web designers" put a shit ton of hours into the thing though, there was a lot of research and figuring out specific parts of the site. Some parts of the site we had to cut corners, we either couldn't figure out how to do something, didn't work right, or just straight up didn't have the time.

I think from here, we just wait out the end of the semester, still need to get it up and running online, which really isn't that big of a deal, everything functions properly, we used the correct dimensions, once its online, we should be good to go. I think one last minute thing we need to add is the site requirements, showing the best resolution to run it at, as well as flash and browser requirements. Sometimes that become a big issue, depending on who your audience is. I think we all put a lot of effort into this project, I feel some more than others, but I dont want to single anyone out, I'd rather finish off the project, get the grade and move on. Its been a long and exhausting semester, I just want to see how the other group feels about what we accomplished.

No comments: